• Full-fledged implementation throughout the country with compulsory coverage of the loanee farmers.
• Two higher indemnity levels of 80% & 90% instead of earlier 70%, 80% & 90%.
• Those States which are unable to reduce insurance unit at village/village panchayat, will be allowed to implement at higher unit area level (upto a cluster of maximum 15 villages) with prior approval of DAC for first 3-5 years.
• States implementing MNAIS at Village/Village Panchayat level are entitled for 50% reimbursement of incremental expenses of CCEs from GOI with the cap provision based on the annual budget.
• Provision for add-on/index plus products for horticultural crops for compensating losses due to perils of hailstorm, cloudburst etc.
• As per provision approved under NCIP by the Cabinet, 5,000 Automatic Weather Stations (AWS) shall be created through Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode for proper implementation of Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme (WBCIS) during 12th Plan period.
There is no discrimination between loanee and non-loanee farmers in respect to the premium rates, premium subsidy, loss assessment, claims payment procedure etc., under NCIP. The loanee farmers are covered on compulsory basis and non-loanee farmers on voluntary basis.