The project titled “Generation of Rural Employment and Sustainable Livelihood through Development Projects” under SGSY is under implementation in 17 Districts of Uttar Pradesh, through BAIF Development Research Foundation. The project was sanctioned by Govt of India in February 2004 with a budget outlay of Rs.13.61 Crore. The project envisages establishing and operating 100 Cattle Breeding Centres each in 17 districts of Eastern UP. NABARD is programme monitoring and fund channeling agency for the Cattle Development Projects. The project aims to provide gainful self employment to the rural poor through dairy husbandry & livestock development in UP.List of Activities under the project include :
- Production of improved cattle out of local non descript low productive animals by setting up of Cattle Development Centres (CDCs).
- Generation of income through production & marketing of milk.
- Set up 100 CDCs over a period of 5 years.
- Funding Agency (Govt. of India) through 100% grant, Implementing Agency (BAIF) Monitoring Agency (NABARD).
Sub Processes under the project include :
- Door to door services to breed local cows & buffaloes
- Technical & promotional support to farmers by trained BAIF field officials for livestock breeding services, which would include state of the art technology for frozen semen, efficient breeding services, fodder development, disease investigation, vaccination & nutritional advice.
- Enable District Dairy Farmers’ Association to support the programme in the long run.
Financial Progress of implementation (as on 31 March 2012)
|Sl. No.||Details||Amount (Rs. Lakh)|
|1||Total Grant received from GOI||1278.90|
|2||Total funds available with NABARD including interest||1359.57|
|3||Total Expenditure paid to IA – BAIF||1300.88|
|4||Total Expenditure at NABARD Level including interest||1357.88|
|5||% Utilisation at NABARD Level||99.88|
Physical progress of the project is as unde :
|Sr.No||Status of implementation under Cattle Development Programme||Uttar Pradesh|
|1||Establishment of Cattle Development Centres||100||100|
|2||Registration of Families||80,000||83954|
|5||Formation of District Dairy Farmers’ Association||17||16|
|6||Formation of Cattle Farmers’ Association||100||100|
Cattle Development Programme implementation in UP has come to an end on March 2012. State Government may like to replicate and upscale the programme in other districts of UP.